Saturday, April 9, 2011

A morning to be repeated!

One of the ladies that did Iris Folding crafts with me last week asked me to join her in visiting a craft shop to find some tools and craft goodies. She would like to continue with this new skill, (in spite of the Arthiritus in her fingers), so that she can teach her granddaughter. It was the first time that I spent a few hours with a seventy three year old and have to admit we had so much fun. After filling our baskets with some useful and colourful items we decided to enjoy a hearty breakfast at the small restaurant adjoining the shop. I have not had the chance to get to know her very well yet and welcomed the opportunity to do so this morning. I truly enjoyed this wise lady's company and I learnt so much from her in the process. She told me about sadly losing her handicapped son some time ago. She later nursed her beloved husband for three years during his struggle with cancer. Wiping a tear she spoke on how difficult it was to finally say goodbye. She praised God while sharing how good He is and how he has provided for her through every situation and during tough times over so many years. Her eyes sparkled and the laughing lines reappeared as she told me that there is a new grandchild on the way.
Not only did she speak kindly of her boss, she shared about her stimulating and enjoyable typing job. All Pink cheeked she kept talking about God's goodness and how she sees Him as her best friend, her father, husband, brother. When I left I felt inspired, grateful and hopeful - trusting that I will be spending more time in the company of this wonderful woman of God in the future.

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing this woman is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic morning! No wonder you want to do it again.

    I have a friend well into her 80's. She is witty, funny and incredibly sharp, with such interesting life stories - I also enjoy her company when I see her.

    ReplyDelete