Thursday, July 22, 2010

Enjoying the simple things in life

They say that true gratitude is being thankful that someone else has done for you what you couldn't do for yourself.

As I am getting a little older I seem to be far more appreciative of the simple every day things that life brings. Those regular long walks with my husband in the park - the wonderful mountains that surrounds us being the cherry on the cake.
A weekly visit from a friend over a cup of tea after her scrapbooking class - catching up, sometimes with tears, but mostly with laughter.
Admiring those beautiful shiny red, green and yellow peppers and other bright coloured vegetables on my table for a while, before chopping and cooking them - grateful for the meal that will be provided for my family.
A handwritten envelope in my post-box with my name on it brings me much joy and so does a new note from my youngest daughter in our combined journal.

In 1 Thessalonains 5:18 the apostle Paul tells us 'in every thing give thanks' and I never want to forget that.

1 comment:

  1. Dit is soooooo waar, my vriendin-
    Dankie dat jy my daaraan herinner!
    Jy skrywe so uit die hart uit en
    mens kan nie anders as om dit aan
    te voel nie!

    ReplyDelete